Courtesy of About.com
Some quick notes from the video:
- Make sure you try different types of cat litter to ensure that you have the best possible litter your cat enjoys the most.
- Place your cat’s litter box in a quiet place away from food and noise so it will have some privacy.
- Place your cat in the litter box after each feeding.
- Make sure to reward your cat by playing with it. If your cat pees on the floor, Don’t scold or hit him. Instead bring him to the spot where he peed and show him the wet spot, then place him back inside the litter box. This ensures he associates the litter box with peeing.
- Keep your cat’s litter clean! or else he won’t will ignore it.